Join a highly experienced team
Outstanding Staff Benefits including Top Hospital Private Health Cover
COOK Medical, a global specialist in interventional medicine, has sales, marketing and manufacturing offices worldwide. COOK is at the forefront of medical research and product development in minimally invasive health care devices. In an effort to support our continuing growth, we seek the services of a Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician to join our team in our Australian Head Office at Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane.
In this role, you will work with a small, highly experienced and dedicated team to efficiently and effectively conduct product and process microbiological testing to ensure that product quality and systems are of the highest standard. This position will also pursue opportunities for continuous improvement within the laboratory and work closely with other key internal stakeholders.
Cook Medical employs over 10,000 employees worldwide, operates directly in 39 countries and delivers products to 135 countries around the world. Cook Medical consists of nine business units and has over 7,000 products in stock. The future of medical care has never been more exciting.
For more information about Cook Medical, visit http://www.cookmedical.com.
If you are interested in this exciting new role and possess all the requirements please APPLY!
Please note, applicants applying to this role must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia with full working rights to work permanently in this country.
Cook can offer:
• An opportunity for you to join a company who is committed to improving medical care
• Monthly bonus and Private Hospital Cover for all employees
• A culture that supports growth and continuous learning
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Routine microbiological testing and product sample preparation for analysis
• Environmental monitoring of production areas
• Ensure all lab equipment is calibrated, maintained and fit for purpose
• Maintenance of laboratory areas, procedures, and consumables
• Maintain accurate record keeping, documentation and data entry for all areas in the laboratory
• Preparation and presentation of laboratory reports and training material
• A relevant science related tertiary qualification (Microbiology preferred)
• Minimum 2 years demonstrated laboratory experience is essential
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and working in a regulated environment (ISO 13485 and/or ISO 17025)
• Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of CI and/or LEAN principles desirable
• Flexibility and willingness to become multi-disciplinary in different laboratory specialties
• MEA experience highly desirable