Permanent position to commence as soon as possible
Eight Mile Plains location
Attractive salary package & fantastic employee benefits
Cook Medical is a global medical device manufacturer, committed to improving medical care worldwide.
We are seeking the services of dedicated Senior Process Engineer to maintain, develop and implement efficient and compliant manufacturing processes for the production and support of current and new medical devices.
About this role:
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, this role provides essential leadership, support and guidance to the Steriliser team.
This position requires effective planning, ongoing continuous improvement and the efficient management of resources to deliver life-saving medical devices to patients.
Cook as an employer:
Cook Medical is the largest privately owned Medical Manufacturing Company in the world, based in Bloomington, Indiana. COOK employs over 10,000 staff worldwide - together we create, manufacture and sell minimally invasive medical devices.
If you would like to know more about Cook Medical please visit http://www.cookmedical.com
If you are an experienced Engineer wishing to join a highly regarded company and possess all the requirements above, please click on the “apply now” button below.
Please note, applicants applying to this role must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia, with full working rights.
• Provide leadership and support for applicable Manufacturing and Engineering teams
• Create and develop goals for the Manufacturing Engineering team to meet business needs in liaison with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
• Plan and organise resources according to team goals and priorities
• Increase manufacturing efficiencies by improving existing methods and systems, implementing new technologies and reducing waste
• Support existing and develop improved safety procedures for various processes
• Manage relevant team projects to ensure completion is on time, budget and achieves its forecast goals
• Develop and implement applicable process metrics
• Track and report cost of Manufacturing Engineering projects
• Work in manufacturing areas that contain but not be limited to Continuous Improvement, Sterilisation, Sustaining, Maintenance, Calibration and Validation
• Asses team member workload to provide support and resources as needed to ensure individual wellbeing
• Conduct performance and wage reviews for direct reports
• Knowledge and experience of various manufacturing processes used in medical device manufacturing or highly regulated industry is essential
• Knowledge of validation and calibration of equipment and processes is essential
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in implementing change to drive continuous improvement projects is essential
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience is essential
• Engineering orScience qualifications essential
• Intermediate Statistical data analysis skills and experience are essential
• Experience working with and managing toxic and/or hazardous chemicals i.e. Acids, Flammables, Ethylene Oxide etc. is desirable
• Leads by example, and guides the performance of others
• Exercises effective influencing skills when seeking and building consensus
• Results orientated and driven to meet personal and team objectives
• Excellent fault finding and problem solving skills
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations