Global Multinational Organisation
We are committed to patients and quality products
Outstanding Staff Benefits including Top Hospital Private Health Cover
COOK Medical is a global medical device manufacturer in interventional medicine. COOK is at the forefront of medical research and product development in minimally invasive health care devices. In an effort to support our continuing growth, we seek the services of an experienced Workplace Health & Safety Manager to join our WH&S team in our Australian Head Office at Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane.
About this role:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Workplace Health and Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring that Cook Australia complies with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to. A strategic role, responsible for safety management initiatives and the development and maintenance of a safety culture through:
• Workplace Health and Safety Qualification (Undergraduate and/or post graduate studies) essential
• Experience in a similar Workplace Health and Safety Manager position within Manufacturing Industry preferred
• Experience in conflict resolution essential
• Knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety legislation essential
• Strong leadership skills to effectively guide, inspire, motivate and communicate with team members to meet department and organisation objectives
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure and ensure quality standards
• Analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to identify and implement solutions
Please note only applicants that have full working rights within Australia are eligible to apply. Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role. Shortlisting may commence immediately after advertisement posted.
Cook as an Employer:
Founded in 1963, Cook Medical pioneered many of the medical devices now commonly used to perform minimally invasive medical procedures throughout the body. Today, the company integrates medical devices, drugs and biologics to enhance patient safety and improve clinical outcomes. Since its inception, Cook has operated as a private corporation. The Australian Head Quarters is located in the Brisbane Technology Park, Eight Mile Plains, Queensland. Our manufacturing operation is steadily growing and manufacturing more complex devices for our global markets.
Cook Medical has over 10,000 employees worldwide, operates directly in 39 countries and delivers products to 135 countries around the world. Cook Medical produces over 7,000 different products for the global market.
The future of medical care has never been more exciting.
For more information about Cook Medical, visit http://www.cookmedical.com