• Privately owned global medical device manufacturer celebrating 40 years in Australia
• Excellent opportunity to challenge and build on your technical experience
• Progress R&D projects for new and existing products
Are you an enthusiastic and disciplined R&D Engineer with an interest in medical devices?
This is an incredible opportunity to join an established team to progress research and development projects for new and existing product lines.
At Cook Medical, we understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and encourage innovation through solving problems together. You will be joining a collaborative, highly performing team who are constantly looking at ways to evolve and improve our products and processes.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Contribute to new product development within the R&D department as required
• Provide a disciplined approach to product development engineering through application of rigorous engineering and risk management principles
• Coordinate research and/or engineering activities for a delegated project
• Conduct ongoing assessment of the project’s technical risks
• Provide engineering support and advice
• Contribute to identification and implementation of strategies for continuous improvement
• Professional Engineering qualifications essential
• Project Management skills highly desirable
• Knowledge and experience in the application of Risk Management Techniques essential
• Knowledge and experience in the application of Medical Device Design Controls desirable
• Intermediate statistical data analysis skills and experience essential
• Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) essential
• Approach daily tasks with flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Results-orientated with a high drive to meet personal objectives and standards of excellence
• Honesty and integrity
• A demonstrated commitment to quality
Cook Can Offer:
• Stability of a long-established company
• Values recognition and service awards
• Base salary plus quarterly bonus
• Top Hospital Private Health Cover for immediate family
• Subsidised cafeteria
• Ongoing support, training and development
• Strong inclusive culture that values our people
Candidates applying to this role must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
This role is to commence as soon as possible and shortlisting will commence immediately.
About Cook Medical:
Since 1963 Cook Medical has worked closely with physicians to develop technologies that eliminate the need for open surgery. Today we are combining medical devices, biologic materials, and cellular therapies to help the world’s healthcare systems deliver better outcomes more efficiently.
Headquartered in the United States, we also have manufacturing locations in Denmark, Ireland and Australia. We have always remained family owned so that we have the freedom to focus on what we care about: patients, our employees and our communities.
As a global, modern company we ensure that our company values reflect our everyday business practices, staying true to what Bill and Gayle Cook started in 1963.
At Cook Medical, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We understand that everyone can offer a unique perspective and can contribute their own ideas to improve how we work. We strive to create an environment where our employees can feel empowered to make decisions and can bring their full, authentic selves to the workplace.
We are seeking conscientious employees who align with our values, and we encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our organisation.
For more information please visit www.cookmedical.com.au/careers
The future of medical care has never been more exciting.