• Privately owned global medical device manufacturer celebrating 40 years in Australia
• Excellent opportunity to challenge and build on your technical experience
• Contribute to and optimise process improvement activities
Are you an enthusiastic and disciplined Systems Engineer that likes variety in your role? Do you have an interest in medical devices?
This is an incredible opportunity to lead the rollout of engineering systems or updates, leading and/or assisting in continuous improvement activities related to engineering and quality systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will support and mentor other members on the team.
At Cook Medical, we understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and encourage innovation through solving problems together. You will be joining a collaborative, high performing team who are constantly looking at ways to evolve and improve the way we work.
• Lead and/or assist in continuous improvement activities on engineering/business procedures or systems
• Manage engineering driven projects or programs
• Collaborate with Global and Local Functional departments to:
o Identify key stakeholders and understand requirements
o Evaluate initial and additional project requirements
o Determine project objectives, benefits, priorities, deliverables, implementation timelines and resource requirements
o Align necessary resources regionally and globally; identifying resource gaps and working with management to fill these gaps
o Monitor, track and communicate project progress in a structured and timely manner
o Communicate regular project updates both internally and externally – flag major issues and help to resolve in a timely manner
o Mitigate against risks/issues which may impact project timelines, taking action(s) as necessary to avoid delays
• Monitor changes in state of the art (for area of expertise) and implement changes as required
• Identify and implement strategies for continuous improvement toward best practices
• Mentor staff in the Systems team to build their knowledge and skills required to complete assigned tasks independently, efficiently, and safely.
• Knowledge and Experience in the application of Medical Device Design Controls essential
• Knowledge and Experience in the application of Risk Management Techniques essential
• Professional Engineering qualifications essential
• Demonstrated strong project management skills essential
• Statistical data analysis skills and experience essential
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential
• Good mechanical design, materials aptitude and understanding of engineering fundamentals with medical device knowledge essential
Cook Can Offer:
• Stability of a long-established company
• Values recognition and service awards
• Base salary plus performance based quarterly bonus
• Top Hospital Private Health Cover for immediate family
• Subsidised cafeteria
• Ongoing support, training and development
• Strong inclusive culture that values our people
Candidates applying to this role must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
This role is to commence as soon as possible and shortlisting will commence immediately.
About Cook Medical:
Since 1963 Cook Medical has worked closely with physicians to develop technologies that eliminate the need for open surgery. Today we are combining medical devices, biologic materials, and cellular therapies to help the world’s healthcare systems deliver better outcomes more efficiently.
Headquartered in the United States, we also have manufacturing locations in Denmark, Ireland and Australia. We have always remained family owned so that we have the freedom to focus on what we care about: patients, our employees and our communities.
As a global, modern company we ensure that our company values reflect our everyday business practices, staying true to what Bill and Gayle Cook started in 1963.
At Cook Medical, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We understand that everyone can offer a unique perspective and can contribute their own ideas to improve how we work. We strive to create an environment where our employees can feel empowered to make decisions and can bring their full, authentic selves to the workplace.
We are seeking conscientious employees who align with our values, and we encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our organisation.
For more information please visit www.cookmedical.com.au/careers
The future of medical care has never been more exciting.